Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacBook keeps crashen while using InDesign

Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Macbook (13" Early 2015 - macOS Siera 10.12.4) keeps crashing while I use InDesign. I removed it a couple of hours ago and now it doesn't crash anymore. What could this be? Already had contact with Apple about this and they send me here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get crashes on macOS Sierra, and not just while using InDesign, so I believe it's the problem of buggy macOS...

Actually, I'm using developers (pre-beta) builds, so that's might be the reason in my case... but on the other hand - I'm using developers builds of Windows 10 as well and they work just fine in 99,9% of the time.

So don't treat this as a holy war, I'm just saying that crashes in macOS Sierra are "OK" nowadays

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But not really if it happens 10 times a day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! I thought I'm the only one who had that crashes, and only because of pre-release builds, which makes macOS unusable for me (the last stable/usable macOS was Mavericks I believe - after that each new version becomes, even more, buggy).

Of course, getting crashes every few minutes is not good, especially when you are using "the best OS ever built" like Apple says... but we have what we have.

At least you are not alone, I also got that crashes all the time and if there is any solution - I wish to know how to solve this problem. The only thing is that I can be sure is that this is not Adobe fault - I got crushes in 8 programs out of 10...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you check if you have an Intel GPU card? Do try to work after disabling GPU and let me know if this crash occurs again.

turn off the GPU from preferences as shown below:

Picture1.png

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! For now... it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great.

Do let us know if this works and is a solution to your problem.

Also, your GPU?

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines