Highlighted

MacBook Pro Fan going wild when opening InDesign 2020

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!  Everytime I open a file in InDesign 2020 (latest build) my MacBook pro fan has started to go wild.  CPU usage is 113%!!! This never used to happen until a couple of releases ago - any thoughts or help would be appreciate - MacBook pro getting HOT and LOUD! The indesign file is tiny too.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)

2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Radeon Pro 555 2 GB

Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Latest MacOS Catalina

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Scott_Citron | Adobe Community Professional

The first thing I would do is uninstall and then re-install InDesign. Delete all previous preferences, too.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

MacBook Pro Fan going wild when opening InDesign 2020

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!  Everytime I open a file in InDesign 2020 (latest build) my MacBook pro fan has started to go wild.  CPU usage is 113%!!! This never used to happen until a couple of releases ago - any thoughts or help would be appreciate - MacBook pro getting HOT and LOUD! The indesign file is tiny too.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)

2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Radeon Pro 555 2 GB

Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Latest MacOS Catalina

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Scott_Citron | Adobe Community Professional

The first thing I would do is uninstall and then re-install InDesign. Delete all previous preferences, too.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That totally worked - THANK YOU!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0