• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacOSX 10.14.6 unable to create folder when saving file using shortcut (ID16.0.1)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version of Indesign 2021 is unable to create a folder anywhere on my computer or on the networkserver from the saving dialogue using the shortcut cmd-shift-N. This happened before with the 2020 version of Illustrator. I have updated my version of Indesign to the latest version.

The button for new folder works, the shortcut doesn't. Please fix this simple thing please Adobe.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Operating System?
System Specs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned in the title: MacOSX 10.14.6 on a 2014 iMac. System specs do not really apply since this is a software fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that _ I scrolled down and missed that part as it was hidden!OOPS

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/kb/macos-big-sur-compatibility.html

Is InDesign compatible with BigSur?

• InDesign 16.0 and above versions are compatible with Big Sur (macOS 11).
  • InDesign 15.X and earlier versions have not been tested for compatibility with Big Sur (macOS 11).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question does not relate to compatibility for Big Sur. There are valid reasons people do not upgrade their system to the latest versions (for instance: Metal starting from 10.15).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets open this dialog again.. I have the same issue about this shortcut and seriously missing it. @Eugene Tyson  on my 10.14.6 OS and with up to date Indesign, the cmd+shift+n is not working in the "Save As" in Indesign. Has there been any news or results regarding an update or fix for this issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, after a new update for Indesign (it's now at 16.2)  i was truly hoping this issue would be addressed. Unforunately nothing happened and this bug is still in IndesignSo Adobe, will this ever be fixed? I hope to hear from one of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Eugene Tyson  Small but really usefull shortcuts matter ✊ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know I am getting tagged in all these.

Common fixes - 

Rebuilding the preference files
  1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files. ...
  2. (Mac OS) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Option+Command+Control. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also don't know why you are tagged, it's not me anyway, maybe because of your your first response.

But, regarding resetting the prefs: that does not work. If things were that easy... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well - need a lot more info to take it further.

There is the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool - 

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

But probably need specifics on exactly what is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines