MacOSX 10.14.6 unable to create folder when saving file using shortcut (ID16.0.1)

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version of Indesign 2021 is unable to create a folder anywhere on my computer or on the networkserver from the saving dialogue using the shortcut cmd-shift-N. This happened before with the 2020 version of Illustrator. I have updated my version of Indesign to the latest version.

The button for new folder works, the shortcut doesn't. Please fix this simple thing please Adobe.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

MacOSX 10.14.6 unable to create folder when saving file using shortcut (ID16.0.1)

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version of Indesign 2021 is unable to create a folder anywhere on my computer or on the networkserver from the saving dialogue using the shortcut cmd-shift-N. This happened before with the 2020 version of Illustrator. I have updated my version of Indesign to the latest version.

The button for new folder works, the shortcut doesn't. Please fix this simple thing please Adobe.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Operating System?
System Specs?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned in the title: MacOSX 10.14.6 on a 2014 iMac. System specs do not really apply since this is a software fault.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that _ I scrolled down and missed that part as it was hidden!OOPS

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/kb/macos-big-sur-compatibility.html

Is InDesign compatible with BigSur?

• InDesign 16.0 and above versions are compatible with Big Sur (macOS 11).
  • InDesign 15.X and earlier versions have not been tested for compatibility with Big Sur (macOS 11).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question does not relate to compatibility for Big Sur. There are valid reasons people do not upgrade their system to the latest versions (for instance: Metal starting from 10.15).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0