• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

magazine feedback

New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking time out of your day to fill out this questionnaire. For my final major project I decided to create a teen magazine including loads of different content. If you wouldn't mind I would love to get feedback, also be as honest as possible

link for feedback:  https://forms.gle/zzvRamNm2XWebWZ87

TOPICS
Publish online , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aleyna,

Thanks for sharing your design project. I think it’s pretty good overall! My suggestions would be to define the cover to look a bit more like a traditional mag cover but I do like the collage feeling. The title text, “4teen 9teen” runs too close to the “So Cute” text and doesn’t stand out enough. Also, Kim’s photo could be larger as is typical with people on covers and you could have the bar code overlap her a bit more instead of just floating out there. There are lots of small elements that are all the same size (the stars, yay bocks, flame) so consider changing those up to give more size variety.

Most of the color choices are so-so to me… maybe spend more time choosing a focused color pallet for each spread by using the eye dropper color sampler tool inside photos to create themes. When there are too many colors and font types things start to look messy. I like flow of the Fashion Awards page. Try adding a bit more margin in the text boxes so the background color is equal on all four sides or somehow separates more from the text. Larger images that bleed out are always smart looking, too.

Fun stuff! You have a good sense for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lots of good elements in your design. 

May I suggest you think about using Publish Online to publish it when it is complete. Make sure elements such as Table of Contents are interactive. The possiblilities are limitless. Check out these many examples of documents created with InDesign and Publish Online. http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Have fun!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines