• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mail merge in hebrew

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to make a male merge with hebrew characters but it gives me that boxes with a cross in it

TOPICS
Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the underlying font in the document you are merging into? If the font doesn't have Hebrew glyphs defined, you will likely get the .notdef character, most often the box with an X in it. See what happens if you change the underlying font to Adobe Hebrew (or if on Windows, Arial, Times New Roman, etc.).

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As well as Dov's advice, I do believe that for Hebrew, UTF-16 format is required.

And for myself, I avoid comma delimited and use tab delimited UTF-16 format unless the data is simple Western scripts, then I use UTF-8 tab delimited format. 

Mike 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the font didn't help. and converting it to UTF16 just messed up my document. Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi shayeh84923218,

best make a sample document of your data merge template plus your data source file available through Dropbox or a similar service. Post the download link here. I think, everything else is rather fruitless…

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines