• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maintaining pdf hyperlinks when imported/placed in InDesign

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in publishing, primarily creating magazines. Most often we place ads, as pdfs, on our InDesign pages. Is there any way to maintain a pdf's hyperlinks when it's placed in InDesign? It would sure make my job easier.

In instances where the ads take up a full page, I can edit the pdf in Acrobat and replace the page with the original pdf file, but that's an awful lot of back-and-forth to integrate two products created by the same darn company.

I'd even consider buying a 3rd-party plugin, if such a thing existed, to save myself the hassle of having to manually recreate the links for our advertisers, every time we publish a magazine.

I'm not holding my breath, as the internet seems to want to tell me that this simply isn't possible, but figured I'd turn to the experts.

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It simply is not possible as the imported pdf is not "live" and editable but rather functions as an imported image when it comes into the InDesign file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Bill. Boy, I sure wish Adobe could make this integration possible. Ah well, back to my drawing board. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines