Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make button go to object

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, 

Im adding interactive buttons/links to a living document. So the number and location of pages will keep changing. I have a table of contents that I want to add buttons to that will always go to the intended page, even if the page number changes. My idea was to link the button to a specific object like a paragraph or a photo that I know will stay on the page (not the page number) but I haven't found anything like that yet. Any ideas?

TOPICS
How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021
Add a small text frame to each page and add a hyperlink destination to it. Use Page as the type and name them appropriately and then you can use the go to destination for the button action.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a small text frame to each page and add a hyperlink destination to it. Use Page as the type and name them appropriately and then you can use the go to destination for the button action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Bob's reply, yes, make hyperlink destinations. If there is an existing text frame on the pages, just click at the beginning, go to the Hyperlinks panel and from the flyout menu choose "New Hyperlink Destination." I would think you'd want "Text Anchor" as the type, though.

Under button actions, as Bob says, choose "Go to Destination." 

BTW, are you re-linking the buttons in the TOC each time? A screen shot might help us find even more efficient ways to handle this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much guys! Bobs answer worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines