• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make one character style default, instead of current one.

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This might be a tricky question.

I am using a font type Overpass Mono, and for the character zero, there are two styles, within the same font. A zero with a dot inside, and a zero with a diagonal strike inside. The deafult zero when typing is the zero with the dot inside, but I want to use the zero with diagonal strike.

Is there a way to change the default zero from dotted to striked?

Untitled-1.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Hi @Loois :

You can certainly accomplish this with Find/Change, but is it an OpenType font? (I'm not familiar with that particular font.) If it is, you can create a character style that uses the slashed zero and assign it to the content automatically with a GREP style. Then, whenever you type a zero, you will get the slashed zero. 

~Barb 

char.png

char2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Hi @Loois:

If you use an OpenType font that has the slash zero character and if you set up the GREP style for each paragraph style that has numbers (or just used Based On in the style definition), then yes, it would all be automatic. 

Perhaps you can find a similar OpenType font? If not, again, Find/Change will work with any type of font. Search for zero, replace with the slashed zero.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Loois :

You can certainly accomplish this with Find/Change, but is it an OpenType font? (I'm not familiar with that particular font.) If it is, you can create a character style that uses the slashed zero and assign it to the content automatically with a GREP style. Then, whenever you type a zero, you will get the slashed zero. 

~Barb 

char.png

char2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer. I will check it out.

But this is a True Type font. Even if it worked, would every zero I typed change to that striked zero? Even when I typed text with other fonts (I have several paragraph styles).

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Overpass+Mono

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Loois:

If you use an OpenType font that has the slash zero character and if you set up the GREP style for each paragraph style that has numbers (or just used Based On in the style definition), then yes, it would all be automatic. 

Perhaps you can find a similar OpenType font? If not, again, Find/Change will work with any type of font. Search for zero, replace with the slashed zero.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines