Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making a Physical Book and Digital Book file

New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

So, I am creating a book in InDesign that will hopefully be printed. I am creating this in a Book format file. Now, I also want the book to be available to be sold as an Ebook. Both of the design aspects of the books are going to be the same physical and digital.

Now here's my question, do I have to create a whole new file using the Ipad or website layout to make it an Ebook? Or is there a way the file I am creating for the physical book, can become an Ebook file? 

Thanks! 

From, 

Your local college intern

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

It depends on the format you use for your ebook. The term ebook is the generic name for several digital formats, each has features that give it advantages (features) and disadvantages. The formats include PDF, FXL ePub, Reflowable ePub, mobi, iBooks, and InDesign's Publish Online. If you were to produce say a PDF from your print version, that would be easy to do once you'd created your print version, but if you were to produce say a Reflowable ePub (where the text reflows to suite the size of th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on the format you use for your ebook. The term ebook is the generic name for several digital formats, each has features that give it advantages (features) and disadvantages. The formats include PDF, FXL ePub, Reflowable ePub, mobi, iBooks, and InDesign's Publish Online. If you were to produce say a PDF from your print version, that would be easy to do once you'd created your print version, but if you were to produce say a Reflowable ePub (where the text reflows to suite the size of the device), you would need to produce a separate document, and they are not intuitive to produce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, 

I hope your issue has been resolved. But if the issue still persists, please let us know so that we can assist you.

If any of the above-mentioned solutions have worked for you, kindly mark the answer correct. 

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines