making a .ps thumbnail in InDesign without a print driver?

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - I am working on an M1 chip laptop that no longer allows me to use my old print driver from Canon... drag - but I am trying to figure out a workaround for a (probably not approved) process I used to create thumbnails from my large editorial InDesign documents. I used to go to print them selecting "thumbnail" as the print option then selecting "PostScript file" as the printer then select PPD as "generic PostScript Printer" which was originally an old Canon that I love (whose print deriver is not campattible with the M1 chip).... anyway - I would be left with a .ps file that I would then convert through Acrobat into a PDF file.

Now nothing happens except for the notice "PPD selection failed. Restoring the previous selection"  

Any ideas how to do this workaround with without a loaded Print driver? None seem to jibe with the M1 chip yet. Suggestions? 

Thanks everyone!

TOPICS
How to, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried the Adobe PDF 9.0 PPD?

Screen Shot 27.png

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/add-acrobat-ppd.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines