• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making cells within a table interactive

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I make cells within a table interactive? I have a form I am designing in InDesign and there are tables that each have a question with cells to the right that show numbers from 1 to 5. I want the user to open the fillable PDF file and chose one number between 1 and 5. I will attach an image to clarify. Can anyone help me to do this?

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 11.01.59 AM.png

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choos it how? The only way I can think of would be to use radio buttons, but....how will this be distributed? How will you expect users to fill it out?

For most part, I now recommend doing things like this by creating the form on the web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will be a PDF file that will be sent via email to the user. There will be fillable fields for the user to complete name, contact info, date, etc. In the section that I showed, I wanted the user to be able to click on a field to choose a ranking of 1 to 5 for each question to the left. Is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, with radio buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made square radio bulletins once I had the file open in Acrobat; the image below shows the results. I would love to have the number show up when chosen, not the black square. Am I asking too much? 

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 3.53.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Probably, yes. And why would you want that? Do you want the user to guess what number they're choosing?

If I were you, I'd redesign it appropriately with enough room for a radio button next to each number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines