• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making document grids

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I'm trying to make a grid on my Indesign document to help space out my text and images for a professional booklet and brochure I'm making, and I'm not sure the best way to make an evenly spaced out grid over the whole pages

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LinkedIn Learning have an online video course on InDesign and grids, you can get 30-days free access.  https://www.linkedin.com/learning/designing-with-grids-in-indesign-2?trk=learning-serp_learning_sear...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I will look into this as it does look helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emils:

For a document grid, we typically define the vertical guides using columns guides—Layout > Margins and Columns. For the horizontal grid, use Layout > Create Guides (usually within the margins). If you add these to the master pages, they will appear on all body pages. See https://www.askdesign.biz/blog/2019/05/three-great-ways-to-create-grids-in-indesign/ for more information. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this is a good website showing some methods I didn't think of before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to the great resources shared earlier, I'd request checking out this help article to know about Grids in InDesign.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines