• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manual editing of .joboptions file

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dears, is there any possibility to export cropped PDFs by changing settings in .joboptions file? In our case it's cropping the bleed + a few mm in addition on all the edges.

We design thousands of layouts and use them both for print and digital. Since perfect binding is used in production, we create offset on some pages, so the layout looks nice in the middle of the spread, however for digital it doesn't look alright. I've been wondering if we can have different PDF presets, one for print, and another one for digital with bleed and some more space cropped.

Thank you for any tip or advice!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Oh I am sorry, I completely misunderstood what you need to do! No, you cannot define a crop zone in the export preset. You have to use Acrobat for this or other PDF third-party tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes of course: File menu > Adobe PDF presets > define. Select the one which be the basis for the new one, then click on the “new” button and set it as you want

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jmlevy !

Thank you for your reply! The issue is that I cannot find a way to set up actually cropping of the PDF in that window UI. We need to crop each page 9 mm from each side (5.5 of the defined bleed + 3.5 mm in addition). Do you think it's possible to define in the PDF preset after all? Or maybe there are some other automatized workarounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh I am sorry, I completely misunderstood what you need to do! No, you cannot define a crop zone in the export preset. You have to use Acrobat for this or other PDF third-party tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines