• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master page items problem.

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plese help me with something. I have object on master page, but when I do overrrite it on page (via shortcut or menu command) it makes object editable. I can move it, but belowe there is still the same locked objcect as master item. It looks like it's copying master page item than releasing it, and I can do it infinite time and result is always the same.

I don't know if its bug or function tah I'm not aware of, becouse I have never had such problem, so I don't know when to search solution for it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure the object isn’t duplicated on the master page? In other words there are two identical objects stacked on top of one another.

Does this happen for only one page or all pages> For only one object or all objects? For only one master page or all master pages? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Scott_Falkner It is completely weird. On master page I have only one object. When I switch to the regular page and override that object from master it appears as a regular object on the page. I can move it, edit, everything else. But the object from master page still is in place as in master locked to edit.

It happened to all document pages, even from other master pages. But when I create new document, everything is proper, it seems like problem with this particular document. Maybe I unintended use some shortcut to lock master page object? I don't know. I used Indesign since it first CS version and it is the first time I have such problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rob_day Unfortunately, I can't share it. It is confident project, and I can't recreate the problem. In any new document everything works normal. And now I have a problem, trying to resolve that, or creating a completely new file which will cost me a lot of time because it is a multi page publication. I'm just confused. Problem stays with this project even if I export it to .imdl file and the open it on older Indesign version or other workstation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried trashing both your Caches and Preference folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines