Highlighted

Master Page Overrides Not Working

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just completed a long document designed as A4. Now I have to also convert it to US letter. Much of the document resized when I changed the sizing in document setup (file menu), but some of the master page items did not auto-"relocate" themselves. However, when I attempt to move these master page items—either on the master page, OR using an override, these elements appear locked. Even if I try to set up a new master page and apply that to the "child" master page, the incorrect item that is resisting the override, is STILL there, now creating duplicate footers on all of the pages where the original footer first appeared. SO many of the original deisgn features of InDeisgn that made it such a joy are now buggy as you attempt to "improve" this once wonderful and dependable product. PLEASE don't reinvent the wheel if you make the engine die every time you try to start the car with the shiny new hubcapsMasterPageOverrideGlitch_11.5.20.png.

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Master Page Overrides Not Working

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just completed a long document designed as A4. Now I have to also convert it to US letter. Much of the document resized when I changed the sizing in document setup (file menu), but some of the master page items did not auto-"relocate" themselves. However, when I attempt to move these master page items—either on the master page, OR using an override, these elements appear locked. Even if I try to set up a new master page and apply that to the "child" master page, the incorrect item that is resisting the override, is STILL there, now creating duplicate footers on all of the pages where the original footer first appeared. SO many of the original deisgn features of InDeisgn that made it such a joy are now buggy as you attempt to "improve" this once wonderful and dependable product. PLEASE don't reinvent the wheel if you make the engine die every time you try to start the car with the shiny new hubcapsMasterPageOverrideGlitch_11.5.20.png.

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 05, 2020 0

Have something to add?