Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master Pages doesn't change the number of columns in pages when apply them

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I'm used the master pages to change the lay out of the pages just droping them in the pages of the document, for example: I use to have master pages with one, two or tree columns and different margins to lay outing my documments, I changed the lay out of the master pages using the "margins and columns" menu and actvating the "Adjust Lay Out" check box to use them as it was requiered just assigning or dropping them, and it works fine, since the adjust lay out menu / feature appears in 2019, this feature is not working or I don't know how to activate it, if the way to use it cahnge. I can't cahnge the lay out of the pages just droping or assigning the desired master page in the pages to change in the document.

The main behavior of this, changing automatically the number of columns of the text frame, just not works.

The "Adjust lay out" tool it's fine if your working in a small document but, if your work in a book or magazine is not usefull.

At this moment, I try many combinations of the adjust lay out feature applied in the master pages, in a range of pages, at creating the documment, combining between the master pages and the document pages, etc, and it does'nt work.

If some one have the same issue, or has some guide about it,  I'll appreciate the advice very much =).

Thanks.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The "Adjust Layout" feature is not the same as the old "Layout Adjustment" feature.

Adobe completely removed the old Layout Adjustment feature in InDesign 2019, and this was a mistake, in my opinion.

So first of all, have a browse here and add your voice and vote: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs?category_id=348058

Secondly, in the latest ID 2020 they made some improvements to the new Adjust Layout. I don't think it will fix your problem, though, but maybe worth a try.

Finally, I wrote a free script here that tries emulate the old Layout Adjustment feature, including columns. I'm not sure it will work 100% in your case, but please give it a shot, and if possible, report back here!

https://www.id-extras.com/apply-master-pages-with-layout-adjustment/

Ariel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines