• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master pages not acting independently

Participant ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set up a very basic master page in a document. There are several pages in the full document where I do not want them to appear but when I go to master pages to choose "none" the "none" master includes the same items as on the actual master and , of course, appears on the document pages that I do not want them to. What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Enthusiast , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

The [None] master page is not editable or viewable. If you're viewing the A-Master and try double-clicking on [None], you will remain on the A-Master spread. You can apply it, however, the same way you apply other master pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

If you have overidden any of the items on the pages with the master assigned, and then apply the [None] master the overridden items will stay on the page. If you select all of the overridden page items and choose Master Pages>Remove Selected Local Overrides from the Pages panel flyout menu, and then apply the [None] master they would get removed. Or, you could apply [None], select all of the page items, and delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The [None] master page is not editable or viewable. If you're viewing the A-Master and try double-clicking on [None], you will remain on the A-Master spread. You can apply it, however, the same way you apply other master pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have overidden any of the items on the pages with the master assigned, and then apply the [None] master the overridden items will stay on the page. If you select all of the overridden page items and choose Master Pages>Remove Selected Local Overrides from the Pages panel flyout menu, and then apply the [None] master they would get removed. Or, you could apply [None], select all of the page items, and delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to the earlier responses given by David and Rob, I'd request you to check out the help article https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/master-pages.html to know more about working with master pages.
Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines