• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master Pages: Object "linked" and "unlinked" properties?

New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

- probably a very simple question: is there an "interface" or a "panel" where is possible to see the "linked" and "unlinked" properties of the objects insered from the master pages ? 

I explain better with a simply example: 
- I insert a "circle form" in MasterPageA
- The circle form is copied (obviously) in normal pages connected with masterpageA
- I go to page 3, (for example) and I "disconnect" the circleform (alt+ctrl+click): I move the circleform, so that "position-property", is now "unlinked" to the masterpage
- I go in to the masterpageA and change the color of the circleform: then I move it.
- Finally, I go bak to page nr. 3 and I see the color is normally changed, because is still linked to the masterpageA, while the position obviosuly has a local change, and is not anymore linked to the MasterpageA...

>>>> Well: there is a "place" in Indesign where I can see these properties (position, color, resize, stroke etc...) as linked/unlinked to the masterpage ?

It's for educational purposes and not only.

Thanks so much

DD

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well: there is a "place" in Indesign where I can see these properties (position, color, resize, stroke etc...) as linked/unlinked to the masterpage ?

There’s not, but it would be possible to script—the properties of the master page item could be compared to the properties of the overridden page item.

You can select the overridden item and from the Pages panel choose Master Pages>Remove Selected Local Overrides, which clears all of the override changes. In your example the overridden page item would be repositioned to match the master and would keep the new color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines