Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Matching information in text windows on multiple pages

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am relatively new to Adobe InDesign. I also promise that I researched this as much as possible.

But... Can anyone tell me how to have matching text windows on multiple pages that when you change the information on the first page it automatically updates all the other text windows on the other pages? Also is there a way to have a date bracket in the cell that automatically updates to the current date?

Thank you in advance for all your help. 

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you mean text windows, or text frames?

I'm guessing you mean text frames, and that you would like certain text in one part of the document to be echoed in anothe text frame elsewhere. Is that correct?

If so, it kind of depends on what sort of text we're talking about.

You could use a custom text variable. You would set the variable to contain any free text you like, and then insert that variable wherever you want. To change the text, you would need to edit the variable.

Alternatively, if you need complete freedom in the text and styles, you can create a link between one text frame and another. Select the first frame, then go to Edit > Place and Link. You can now paste a copy of that text frame anywhere, and if you change the text in the first, with a single click (on the little yellow triangle that appears in the second) you can update the text of the second frame.

Perhaps with a little more detail we could give a better answer.

Ariel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines