• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

media in Indesign 2020

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to embed a video in my InDesign 2020 but I can´t find the Media button. Watching videos about this they are talking about finding the media button on the right-hand side under animation. Mine seems to have vanished?

[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]
[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been left out of InDesign 2020 as Flash is now an obsolete format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For PDF you can't now do all the things as Derek says.

But you're still can add video files to indd, just press CTRL+D choose your video file and place. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at InDesign's Publish Online feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek - I've seen your comments on a few posts about this issue and was hoping you could help...

Can you clarify - I'm publishing online with a video in the InDesign File. Using the Media Panel, I was hoping to be able to select the frame that would be the starting image and other options. My Media Panel won't show up at all, even when I change workspaces to digital publishing. It shows but when you click it, it does not open. Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am having the same problem it either appears once and then disapears or it dosen't appear and then just does weird thinghs... did you solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi corvina1

could you do a video to show what "weird things" happen while you place an mp4 file to the InDesign page?

That would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines