• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Panel

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making an interactive PDF but I'm having trouble with the media panel. When I add a mp4 file to a page the media panel won't open. Not able to have any control on the video at all. All the other tabs work in the Interactive Window except for Media. Help please?

Annotation 2020-04-02 192424.jpgAnnotation 2020-04-02 192507.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean, you can't open Media panel from Window > Interactive menu? Or I didn't see the problem well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The media panel from window>interactive menu wouldn't open. It works now but seems like I have to delete all temp files in my drive before getting it to work everytime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use PDF, use FXL ePub, InDesign's Publish Online or in5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem :(((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video can't be successfully be distributed via an Interactive PDF. You can include hyperlinks in your PDF to external sources, such as YouTube. (Or use another format as I mentioned.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had to get help from online support. Not exactly sure what the problem is but seems like you have to delete all temp files in your drive and then reopen indesign, after that the media panel should work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...I am having the same problem but the panel doesn't open even after removing the temp files.

I have an audio object that I need to load on page but when I selected and go to the Interactive> Media it does not open...it marks it on the tab as selected but the panel is nowhere to be seen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm not too sure about the audio files but the link below shows which file types you can use. 

Sorry, deleting the temp files didn't help, maybe chat with customer service, they may be able to help. Since that was how I was able to fix the issue above. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/movies-sounds.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LISTEN, like Derek also clearly stated: STEER AWAY from using audio and video media in PDF. It simply doesn't work !! Many PDF viewers don't support it. Your next community question will absolutely be: "Why doesn't MP4 in my PDF play on this or that device". And don't use the Buttons panel either for PDF...

And apart from that, the whole approach, interface, information, and documentation of Adobe about these interactive features is partially wrong and even misleading. It has become a can of worms, since Adobe decided to drop all ambitions in this area (in InDesign), went for the Big Money (with the Experience Cloud), and just forgot to correct or at least retract all flawed or even abandoned technologies in InDesign.

Use IN5 if you're adamant about using InDesign to create interactive stuff for HTML5 output and purposes.

https://ajarproductions.com/pages/products/in5/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe promise to support PDF 2.00 in 2021, if and when that happens, we'll be able to include successfully, video (and more) in our Interactive PDFs. In the meantime it's as mentioned previously. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oooh, that's right on time (maybe 10 years too late, but nevertheless...)

And what video codecs might be supported, and with or without DRM ?

JavaScript, anyone ? We'll see... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope so, I fear the worst... PDF2.0 should also support more accessible PDF options, but I guess that the new Title-element 2.0 support in InDesign will be 2025 or so... if ever... with bugs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Publish online was the way to go, thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines