Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu to Sub-menu

Contributor ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Professionals,

In InDesign after building sample sdk plugins some occurs in the menu Plugins>>SDK>>BasicDialog[US], etc... and some occurs under windows menu like Windows>>BasicPanel,BasicDragDrop,etc... My doubt is it's possible to bring basicpanel plugin (comes under windows menu) in to plug-ins>>SDK menu, if possible how???

-Jothi

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

If it is a palette panel, then it actually belongs into the Window menu.

While ActionDef and MenuDef are relevant for general menu items, in your case of a palette panel have a look at the PanelList resource.

When your palette panel is installed by the responsible initializer, this is the place where the initializer obtains the associated actionID, followed by the panel name. Actually you can also move your panel into a submenu of the Window menu if you prefix the panel name key with "TypeSubmenu:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Study the ActionDef and MenuDef of the fr file. The menupath key is bound to the menu in the MenuDef, the menu name is bound in the ActionDef. Then you can see/define the actual value of the menupath and menukey in the id.h file. The programming guide has a good detailed explanation of how this all works, study that a bit

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have learned a little about ActionDef and MenuDef of the fr file and added the menu of sub-menu it works but, display only the plugin name BasicPanel in plug-ins menu/my-menu platte still remains in windows.... Please do guide on this to complete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a palette panel, then it actually belongs into the Window menu.

While ActionDef and MenuDef are relevant for general menu items, in your case of a palette panel have a look at the PanelList resource.

When your palette panel is installed by the responsible initializer, this is the place where the initializer obtains the associated actionID, followed by the panel name. Actually you can also move your panel into a submenu of the Window menu if you prefix the panel name key with "TypeSubmenu:" or what ever other submenu of the Window menu you want to address.

The following field (typically an empty string) is an alternative menu - excluding the panel name. For example the Characters panel is both in the TypeSubmenu and in "Main:&Type" . You can use that to offer your panel also from your own fancy menu.

Only if you want to use a different name for the menu action, you would use those ActionDef and MenuDef - and implement a regular action backed by an ActionComponent etc. In that case the ActionComponent would also implement the code to open the panel which is otherwise already supported by the panel manager (actually the kPanelMgrMenuBoss).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. i'll check

-Jothi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you match the path settings(ActionDef and MenuDef) in the plugins that have different menu paths. You already have working samples of plugins that create different menu paths and also know which part of the code to look, the best way to understand the process is to diff both the code bases and you will get your answer. If there is something specific that does not make sense in these sample plugins then put forward that query and we will be able to help.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked, it doesn't show any error and build successfully but it only displays the plugin name. please refer the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zxl-1j0manC8XA38TFXTH-NyC5RZPI6v/view?usp=drive_open for more details. Check this please if any thing missed kindly guide me.

- jothi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan,

I'm still waiting for your reply. It's important to me.

-Jothi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no error to show. Did you diff it as suggested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, by diff it now basicpanel menu comes under plugin. My query is only the menu comes under plugin but the panel or contents inside the basicpanel menu not retained. In this link i had attached my code  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zxl-1j0manC8XA38TFXTH-NyC5RZPI6v/view?usp=drive_open  as a document . Please do guide me.

-Jothi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you really expecting a free review of all of your code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

may be yes. because i can't able to find what's the problem that why it just displays the menu name but it doesn't show anything about the contents inside the menu. As a professional you find what's the problem easily by seeing my code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that's how it works for us. Handing over your code for us to debug doesn't seem right, especially when you keep changing what the actual problem is. Other people may take a different view. Yes, writing plug-ins is not easy, but still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The code which was given is the basicpanel sdk it can be downloaded by free. now, my query is only the panel name alone display what i want to do to bring all the contents inside that panel name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

I find out the solution for my query.  Thankyou for all who replies me

-Jothi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines