Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge data issue

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to create a data merge document but When I try to view appear a msg:

"It is not possible to find at least one placeholder for data in the data source. Verify all field placeholders in the data source"

I Tried with a simple archive and the same msg.

Thanks

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If i understand the message you are seeing, it means that you have a placeholder in your InDesign document that does not exist in your CSV file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SJRiegel 

Thank for answer, the problem happens only with certain spreadsheet. Could be some especial caractere? There a easy way to identify whats is causing the problem?

Vinicius5EDD_0-1624560820461.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to tell from just a screen shot - if you could share your actual csv file (with maybe a line or two of data in it) and the InDesign file, it would be easier to troubleshoot this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@SJRiegel 

Off course, see attatched. 

The problem occur when a put on reference in layout and try to preview or generate a document.

Thanks for helpin, by the way there is a program or website that verify the data inside the spreadsheet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines