Merging files into one without book

Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've got a question about merging documents:

I have a book file containing a large number of separate InDesign documents, but I'd like to merge them, so the whole book is just a single document. Is there any way to achieve this easily?  

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by SJRiegel | Adobe Community Professional

There is a Move Pages dialog in the Pages pallet that allows blocks to document pages to be move from one document into another.

May I ask why they need to be in a single docuement? Personally, I find that working with my documents through the book panel makes InDesign's performance much better.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Merging files into one without book

Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've got a question about merging documents:

I have a book file containing a large number of separate InDesign documents, but I'd like to merge them, so the whole book is just a single document. Is there any way to achieve this easily?  

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by SJRiegel | Adobe Community Professional

There is a Move Pages dialog in the Pages pallet that allows blocks to document pages to be move from one document into another.

May I ask why they need to be in a single docuement? Personally, I find that working with my documents through the book panel makes InDesign's performance much better.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the answer! 

As for the purpose - my boss simply needs that in a single file. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
SJRiegel LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to hang onto those single files, and tuck then away just in case the large file crashes and becomes corrupt sometime in the future.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0