• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging multiple content from 2 indesign documents

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, let me see if I can explain this easily.

I have 2, 300pg documents and I need to take the content on the left and right margins that is different on every page from the first document and add to the 2nd document while retaining all of the info that is currently on the 2nd document.

is this possible? 

TOPICS
Import and export , InCopy workflow , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Here's an idea: If your documents are 1 to 1 (i.e, the info on page 1 of Doc1 is meant for page 1 of Doc2 and so on through to the end (p300 for p300), I suggest making a PDF of the first document, then placing it using the built-in ID Script "PlaceMultipagePDF" (in Window > Utilities > Scripts > Samples > ). If  Doc 1 has other stuff other than the items you want, and the info is not on a 1-to-1 this won't be as easy, but it may get you further along quicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please embed your images into your post so that views and helpers don't have to download them to see them.

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 4.45.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I thought I did. Let me try to embedd them. DOCUMENT 1.pngDOCUMENT 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are the items different on every page in Document 1? Can this not be incorporated into Master page items in Document 2??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roaringmousegraphics, the content in each margin (right and left) as different titles for its product name. This is like this on almost all of the 300 pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like you could use a Running Header on the master pages, set to pull from the paragraph style of the text on the document page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an idea: If your documents are 1 to 1 (i.e, the info on page 1 of Doc1 is meant for page 1 of Doc2 and so on through to the end (p300 for p300), I suggest making a PDF of the first document, then placing it using the built-in ID Script "PlaceMultipagePDF" (in Window > Utilities > Scripts > Samples > ). If  Doc 1 has other stuff other than the items you want, and the info is not on a 1-to-1 this won't be as easy, but it may get you further along quicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you I will try that! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines