Highlighted

Missing a left-hand page after combining documents

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, I am updating a book, and the files I received were separated into groups of 50 pages each. I decided to combine them into one large document, and was able to do that using the "Move pages" function. The problem is that each document I added starts on a right-hand page, but now that I've added new pages to the existing document, the previous sections don't always end on a left-hand page. If you look at the screen shot I've included, you can see that the first section now contains 67 pages instead of 50, meaning it ends on a right-hand page, but the following section starts on a right-hand page with a blank space where the left-hand page should be. I can't figure out how to rearrange the pages to take away the blank space. Help!Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 4.35.11 PM.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Missing a left-hand page after combining documents

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, I am updating a book, and the files I received were separated into groups of 50 pages each. I decided to combine them into one large document, and was able to do that using the "Move pages" function. The problem is that each document I added starts on a right-hand page, but now that I've added new pages to the existing document, the previous sections don't always end on a left-hand page. If you look at the screen shot I've included, you can see that the first section now contains 67 pages instead of 50, meaning it ends on a right-hand page, but the following section starts on a right-hand page with a blank space where the left-hand page should be. I can't figure out how to rearrange the pages to take away the blank space. Help!Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 4.35.11 PM.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to put page 68 back on the left, with the following pages adjusting accordingly? If so, double click the little gray triangle above page 68 and disable Start New Section. 

Or are you trying to add a blank left page 68, and renumber the current page 68 to page 69?

~Barb 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double-clicking the little gray triangle was what I needed to do. Thank you so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Glad you are back on track.

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0