• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing font is automatically replaced and embedded in to PDF

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm working on InDesign CC and I faced with the problem that when I've exported PDF (from InDesign with missing fonts in) this missing font was replaced to Myriad and it was embedded into the pdf. So when I've used preflight to verified pdf there was no worning about the font. Of course I had information thad the font was missing when I was exporting but in this case I've pressed enter too quickly :(. Is it possible to set up the setting in InDesign in this way that exported PDF will be with "not embeded font" to be able to verify it on preflight?

TOPICS
Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Have a look at Acrobat > Preferences > Page Display > and turn off Use Local Fonts. If the font is not embedded, it will complain because it cannot use the local fonts on the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have a look at Acrobat > Preferences > Page Display > and turn off Use Local Fonts. If the font is not embedded, it will complain because it cannot use the local fonts on the system.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines