Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing fonts in InDesign 2020 on macOS Mojave

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running InDesign 2020 CC on a Late 2013 iMac with Mojave v10.14.6

I have a problem with several files where the font Helvetica Neue Bold is used. When I open the file, it is fine, do change, and when I go to print or export a PDF, the font disappears before my eyes. The dialog box pops up and the fonts go from bold to regular. Other times, the font is missing from the start of opening the file. Restarting InDesign, rebooting the computer or disabling and enabling the fonts sometimes fixes it temporarily enough to get the work out.

I have re-downloaded the fonts from our server, reinstalled several times, using the computer and user versions and upgraded to InDesign 2020 (it started in previous versions). I have rebuilt the files from scratch and reset the copy and it still happens. What is going on?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay and the problem you are facing with InDesign. We're currently investigating this issue. Could you please share a sample file where you could reproduce this issue? 

After sharing the file, try these steps:

I would also suggest if you could upvote this issue here (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/39577768-missing-fonts-...). This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines