• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing page threads in the InDesign file

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! Im reaching out for your help, Im working on a book, and I came up with a problem were some sentences are appearing out of place, or have disappeared. Whatever the problem is, the result is that every new version of the text has some sentences or paragraphs missing or out of place, moved from one part of the book to another. I more or less have to search the whole 90,000-word book to find any glitches. And I've done this now 3,4,5 times. And there's no way to call the book done if we can't be sure it isn't complete, readable, etc. Would really appreciate if someone could help me out on this!!

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , InCopy workflow , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Is your document set up as a single text thread with a single master page or are there multiple threads and masters involved?  It sounds like what is happening may be a function of InDesign's Smart Text Reflow feature. When text overfills a text frame at the end of the thread then new pages are inserted someplace else in the document. Where that is depends on how you've set up the feature in the Type section of InDesign's preferences. If you have limited this feature to Primary Text frames then

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not match any behaviors I have ever heard of before. Are you certain someone else is not editing the document and not telling you about it? What OS? What version? Where is the file being stored from? Where is the file being operated? Your local hard drive or remote location?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is your document set up as a single text thread with a single master page or are there multiple threads and masters involved?  It sounds like what is happening may be a function of InDesign's Smart Text Reflow feature. When text overfills a text frame at the end of the thread then new pages are inserted someplace else in the document. Where that is depends on how you've set up the feature in the Type section of InDesign's preferences. If you have limited this feature to Primary Text frames then the text you refer to as "disappearing" may be in a non-primary text frame and is "vanishing" because the text has nowhere else to go. A red square with a red plus sign in it would indicate the text overfill.

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 9.06.13 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines