New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My coworkers can't open a indesign dokument/idml because of a missing plugin

How do i fix it?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bill Silbert | Adobe Community Professional

You will have to either identify the plug-in and find out if it is available and install it on the coworkers' machine(s) or have the person who created the original file resave the document with that plug-in disabled (depending on the plug-in this may alter part of the document). An IDML of a document that requires a certain plug-in will not usually do away with that document's need for the plug-in.

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

missing plugin

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My coworkers can't open a indesign dokument/idml because of a missing plugin

How do i fix it?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bill Silbert | Adobe Community Professional

You will have to either identify the plug-in and find out if it is available and install it on the coworkers' machine(s) or have the person who created the original file resave the document with that plug-in disabled (depending on the plug-in this may alter part of the document). An IDML of a document that requires a certain plug-in will not usually do away with that document's need for the plug-in.

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 18, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to do idml again.

Or ask here (download to some dropbox/yadisk and give it the link). 

Or here - https://forum.rudtp.ru/threads/zaprosy-na-ponizhenie-versii-indesign-indd-to-idml-indd-to-inx.44870/

In most cases idml helps! Instead CS3 and below - needs to do .inx

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2019 1
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have tried the idml many times - nothing happens, still wont open

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2019 0
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give it the file here throughout some dropbox/yadisk. May be some forum-men help you to convert.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2019 0
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2019 1
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill

I have over 3,000 indd files effected by a now missing element of a 30 day Xmpie plugin that was an eval copy and expired long ago. Seems the pluin went in with ID2018 -I am using ID2020. I have no idea why the problem just poppped up now - BUT am thourly hooped. Any suggestions? (please & ty)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand why you would use a plug-in that you only had a thirty day license for to create that many documents or how you could create that many files in just thirty days. But the answer I gave over a year ago is still the best advice. Find an updated version of the plug-in and buy it legitimately.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0