Highlighted

Mobile viewer zoom issues

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, I'm quite a novice at this, so hang with me here.

I've successfully published a few multi-page documents (letter sized, no animation/sound/video, just text and pictures) that are excellent to view on a desktop. 

It was brought to my attention that the documents, which are send via link and in an email after being "Publish(ed) Online" are a wreck when viewed on a phone or tablet.  If the user tries to zoom in via finger pinch or out via finger expansion it becomes wholly unreadable.  I tried myself on an iPhone and using various browsers and all gad roughly the same issues.

One thing I did note: the issues isn't as consistent on pages where there are no pictures, which made me think the photos may be the issue...?

I enjoy the program, the Publish Online tools, and the freedom it gives, but if 50% of my audience uses non-desktop methods and it's a troublespot, I suppose I'll have to figure something else out.

Any help would be much appreciated and thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Bug, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mobile viewer zoom issues

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, I'm quite a novice at this, so hang with me here.

I've successfully published a few multi-page documents (letter sized, no animation/sound/video, just text and pictures) that are excellent to view on a desktop. 

It was brought to my attention that the documents, which are send via link and in an email after being "Publish(ed) Online" are a wreck when viewed on a phone or tablet.  If the user tries to zoom in via finger pinch or out via finger expansion it becomes wholly unreadable.  I tried myself on an iPhone and using various browsers and all gad roughly the same issues.

One thing I did note: the issues isn't as consistent on pages where there are no pictures, which made me think the photos may be the issue...?

I enjoy the program, the Publish Online tools, and the freedom it gives, but if 50% of my audience uses non-desktop methods and it's a troublespot, I suppose I'll have to figure something else out.

Any help would be much appreciated and thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Bug, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, for what it's worth, downloading the document as a PDF via the 'three dots' button does allow full functionality, but if there is a way to avoid having to do that step it would still be ideal for myself and those who view my work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publish Online just like a PDF is pixel perfect which means it is not responsive.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling to understand. My whole purpose of subscribing to the "Adobe Creative Cloud" was to be able to create documents for our clients which could be viewed on any screen. When I "pinch to zoom" on a document that is published online (iPhone) the document seizes and won't go back to original size. It works on my MacBook Pro just fine. 

Is it possible to do what I am wanting to do with Adobe Creative Cloud? If so what app do I need to be using (currently trying with InDesign) and how do I need to export the file? I'm trying to get away from standard PDF because:

• As our documents change, I'd like to be able to make one change and everyone has the updated file (online publishing)
  • I want to stay away from emailing files as some material is copywriten for us to use, but I don't want it posted on the web
  • I want our clients to have the same interactive experience they have on our website with their documents (as much as is possible)

Can you please point me in the right direction?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As BobLevine mentions, Publish Online documents are not responsive. However, when a user on a tablet views the pages, they should look the same as they do on a desktop, only smaller. On a phone, same thing, though the user will often have to pinch to zoom in. In that case, though, the page should be clear. Just as an experiment, perhaps try publishing using the high res option (go to the "Advanced" pane on the Publish Online dialog). 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 0