Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Modify margins with content automatically changing position

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I have a little bit of a problem with one of my projects I'm doing in InDeisgn.

I have a product-catalogue which is nearly 500 pages, full of pictures, texts, tables - so basically everything you can imagine.

I'm at the final stages of finishing the project, unfortunately my client decided that she wants to change the margins through the whole catalogue.

My question is: is there any way I can modify the margins with the content staying inside the (new) margins? So basically I need to move everything with a few millimeters, but I dont want objects to change any other property except the coordinates (so everything stays inside the modified margins).

I know there is the Adjust Layout option but it just doesn't work for me. Tried it on the master pages as well as the normal pages - doesn't change anything. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Found the solution.

I was in the wrong menu: File / Adjust Layout

The right place where it can be done was Layout / Margins and Columns.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Am I doing something wrong?"

Perhaps yes, perhaps no.

To answer your question and to give appropriate advice we need an excerpt of your document.

Perhaps two spreads with two facing pages each. Put that InDesign document to Dropbox and share a download link.

And we need the new values for the margins.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laubender's suggestion is a good one.

In addition, it could be that your document has become corrupted. You could test this by saving as IDML (File > Save As > InDesign CS4 or Later [IDML], open the IDML and try again.

Or, you may try restoring your InDesign preferences.

It would also be helpful if you gave us more information: Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found the solution.

I was in the wrong menu: File / Adjust Layout

The right place where it can be done was Layout / Margins and Columns.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines