Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

most recent showing file but not opening .indesign.icloud file

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey There! 

I am having an issue with accessing an indesign file. I'm hoping I didn't delete the file by mistake when I closed indesign. I've spent too many hours doing this project for me to lose the progress.

Here's the issue:

The file is showing up in my "most recent" files,  however it is not opening up because its saying 
"Either the file does not exsist, you do not have permission, or the file may be in use by another application".

As you'll see (in the photo attached here) when I try to right click to look at where the file is stored it says the following:

Macintosh HD/Users/ryanlewis/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/.Trash/Offsite_Brand_Guidelines.indd

Does this mean that it has been deleteded somehow and that I've put in the trash. Or does this meant that there is a folder somewhere called trash that I can acess and somehow get the file back?

I know sometimes I get this error message when icloud hasn't downloaded the file, but I can't find the undownloaded version anywhere in my finder anywhere.

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance. 🙂 

Also please let me know if you need any other information. I'm working on the most up to date indesign and OS.

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 1.22.33 PM.png

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

This has been discussed before and I think it has to do with the fact that file is not fully synced to the local harddrive. If iCloud has an option to keep those files local, make sure you use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone please 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has been discussed before and I think it has to do with the fact that file is not fully synced to the local harddrive. If iCloud has an option to keep those files local, make sure you use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines