• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move object again /2

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Illustrator, after moving an object I can press enter and then add a - and /2 before and after the distance I moved it last to back up by exactly half the distance. How do I do that in InDesign?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

InDesign you can do it in this way

- set the zero point on the upper left point of your object (drag from the intersection of the horizontal and vertical rulers to the new position)

Schermata 2020-10-27 alle 14.05.29.png

- Move your object

- in "x" and/or "y" value add "/2" or other mathematical function and then press enter

Schermata 2020-10-27 alle 14.08.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The command "Move" in InDesign and in Illustrator are similar but not completely identical

InDesign you can find the Move command under Object > Transform > Move, or, with your object selected double-click the icon for the Selection or Direct Selection tool in the toolbox

For more informations you can see here

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/indesign/using/transforming-objects.html#move_objects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I wasn't clear. After moving an object, I can (In Illustrator), tap shift+enter and it shows me the last distance moved.

Screenshot 2020-10-27 at 12.16.43.png

By adding - and /2 to this, I can back up 50% and place halfway which is useful when there's no other object to use as a master to align against. How can I get this function in InDesign?

Screenshot 2020-10-27 at 12.17.06.pngScreenshot 2020-10-27 at 12.17.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign you can do it in this way

- set the zero point on the upper left point of your object (drag from the intersection of the horizontal and vertical rulers to the new position)

Schermata 2020-10-27 alle 14.05.29.png

- Move your object

- in "x" and/or "y" value add "/2" or other mathematical function and then press enter

Schermata 2020-10-27 alle 14.08.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Vladen! I'll do that from now on. Thanks for the speed of the reply too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines