Highlighted

Move pdf to indesign

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a book in its entirety just the way I want it. I need to convert this book (pdf) to EPUB, but I can’t get the pdf into Indesign as a whole document so I can push the button and turn it into EPUB format. Any step by step help?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

No, that’s not how it is done. Go back to the original design. 

Topics

EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Move pdf to indesign

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a book in its entirety just the way I want it. I need to convert this book (pdf) to EPUB, but I can’t get the pdf into Indesign as a whole document so I can push the button and turn it into EPUB format. Any step by step help?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

Topics

EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to need the original document in order to create an EPUB.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign will export an .indd file to EPUB, but it sounds like you are looking for a PDF to EPUB workflow. I googled it and a number of (non-Adobe) utilities popped up.

Otherwise, open the original .indd file (the one you used to create the PDF) and  use File > Export > EPUB (Fixed Layout) or EPUB (Reflowable). 

~Barb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines