Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move the project folder to portable hard drive

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the .indd file and all the images in the same folder in desktop but I'm out of my macbook storage, so I bought a portable hard drive and I want to move my project folder to the drive. Can I copy and paste the folder to the drive and delete the folder in desktop?  Would this work? I feel like I should package it and do something but I am not exactly sure what to do.

I'm sorry for a stupid question but I really need help!

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
How to , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

I suggest packaging it. It will collect all inked files and re-link to the new location. Before you delete your working file test to se that everything copied over. You can probably skip collecting the font files. ALso note that if your links ave links themselves (such as a Photoshop file placed in an Illustrator file) the secondary links wont be copied over.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest packaging it. It will collect all inked files and re-link to the new location. Before you delete your working file test to se that everything copied over. You can probably skip collecting the font files. ALso note that if your links ave links themselves (such as a Photoshop file placed in an Illustrator file) the secondary links wont be copied over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines