Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving a page duplicates the content

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm building a cookbook and have created master pages and then am overriding them for each individual recipe. Probably not the best way to do things, but it was working for me.

As I start to rearrange the pages though, I am getting duplicate content. Dragging or moving a page to a new place in the book, adds back in the orginal master page underneath the revised page. 

I'm imagining I did something wrong in how I set this up, or maybe there is a fix?

thanks so much,

will

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

I can help you with this one.

1) Double-click on your master page(s). You'll find the recipes for one (or two, if you've filled both sides of facing pages) page in your recipe book.

2) Get your Arrow/Selection tool. Use the Edit>Select All menu command to select everything on the master page(s). Hold down the Shift key and click on things you want to be on every page, like the page numbers, to de-select them.

3) Go to the first (or first two) pages of your document, which shuold now be empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can help you with this one.

1) Double-click on your master page(s). You'll find the recipes for one (or two, if you've filled both sides of facing pages) page in your recipe book.

2) Get your Arrow/Selection tool. Use the Edit>Select All menu command to select everything on the master page(s). Hold down the Shift key and click on things you want to be on every page, like the page numbers, to de-select them.

3) Go to the first (or first two) pages of your document, which shuold now be empty. Because you put the things you wanted there on your master page(s) instead.

4) Use the Edit>Paste in Place menu command to put all those things where you want them on your document page(s) where they should be, instead of your master page(s) where they shouldn't.

This should be the end of your problem. And don't feel too bad — lots of new InDesign users make the same mistake.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked perfectly. Thanks so much!

Will

--
Will Yurman
Norman Eberly Professor of Practice in Journalism
Penn State University
http://www.WillYurman.com
814.470-5895 (c)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My pleasure.

If you find yourself having issues with InDesign — or heck, any other Adobe program — please feel free to come back here and call for help. There are lots of sharp folks around here who can lend a hand.

Can I ask a favor, though? Could you please mark my response above as the correct answer? That alerts the moderators to mark this thread answered and makes it searchable when anyone else runs across similar problems.

Glad we could get you past your issue,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines