Moving CS4 to a new computer

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reitring my old computer and trying to reinstall CS4 on my new one.  I used BelArc Advisor to find my 24 digit software license number.  I downloaded a trial version of CS4.  When I enter the license number to register my program I get a red x.  When I try to register it with Adobe they say the serial number is already in use. Yes it is in use I've used it for over 10 years.  I'm 70 and reitred now and only have a one customer I routinely use it for so I don't want to go to the subscription service.  Any ideas on how to register CS4 on my new computer?    

TOPICS
How to

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have deactivated on the old machine first. If you still have access to it, then do that.

But...there's almost no chance that CS4 will run properly on Windows 10 and it certainly won't work on a new Mac.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used it ever since I went to Windows 10 on my old computer without any issues.  It won't let me deactivate it on my old computer.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, unless Adobe Customer Support can help, you're out of luck. Nobody here can help with activation issues.

You might want to try @adobecare on Twitter.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can pay a bit more for a subscription to InDesign CC and use it, and pay for it, only by the month(s) you need it for.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines