Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

moving objects within a frame

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I suddenly cannot seem to move objects about within the frame.  I have used Indesign a bit and have always managed to do this OK.  I can only use the move command on the drop down menu but cannot drag the object as I have previously done.  I tried opening a new document but the same happens.  Any ideas pls?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use it "black arrow" tool? 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've tried everything..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also don't seem to be able to move the blue boxes either..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While on a spread where you're having this issue, go to Object >> Unlock all On Spread to see if that solves it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To move the objects within a frame, either click the doughnut (aka Content Grabber) or use the White arrow (Direct Selection tool). To move the frame itself, use the Black arrow (Selection tool).

move.gif

If you can't move anything, check to see if the items are on a master page and you are on a body page, or if the object or the layer is locked.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines