Highlighted

moving pages between "alternate layout"-documents

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej folks!

I have a can't-wrap-my-head-around-problem concerning alternate layouts.

In a document I have 4 alternate layouts (in the "pages"-panel) and several pages per layout – no linking-boxes ticked, only for having them set up next to each other.

Imagine 4 columns, 8 rows.

I can move them around and rearrange them as I like, even with different sizes and masters – it doesn't matter. No problem.

But when I try to move pages from one document to another, I cannot seem to get them in line...

They always take their column with them (even though having the same name & "same" master), so when I move one page I then have 5 columns and I cannot put the page at the end of another column.

And if I drag it in between rows of a different column, weird things happen.

I can elaborate, but I think it might be a bit confusing...

Unluckily, I can't find anything about this rather specific problem 😕

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? 🙂

Thanks & best wishes

Mathisse

Just so we're on the same page:
"column" = "alternate layout"
"row" = "page"
If so – you need to disable the section marker of the alternate layout:
In the pages panel, right click on the first page of the alternate layout, "Numbering & Section Options" and there disable "Start Section".

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

moving pages between "alternate layout"-documents

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej folks!

I have a can't-wrap-my-head-around-problem concerning alternate layouts.

In a document I have 4 alternate layouts (in the "pages"-panel) and several pages per layout – no linking-boxes ticked, only for having them set up next to each other.

Imagine 4 columns, 8 rows.

I can move them around and rearrange them as I like, even with different sizes and masters – it doesn't matter. No problem.

But when I try to move pages from one document to another, I cannot seem to get them in line...

They always take their column with them (even though having the same name & "same" master), so when I move one page I then have 5 columns and I cannot put the page at the end of another column.

And if I drag it in between rows of a different column, weird things happen.

I can elaborate, but I think it might be a bit confusing...

Unluckily, I can't find anything about this rather specific problem 😕

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? 🙂

Thanks & best wishes

Mathisse

"row" = "page"
In the pages panel, right click on the first page of the alternate layout, "Numbering & Section Options" and there disable "Start Section".

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 08, 2020 0
Participant ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"row" = "page"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Mathisse LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are on the very same page and it works! Thank you so so much 🙂 This began driving me insane!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0