Highlighted

Moving Pages: Three Page Spread Error

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to move a page between two pages in a spread but it is creating a three-page spread rather than moving the right page down below. How do I keep this a 2 page spread?

Thanks!three page spread.PNG

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Moving Pages: Three Page Spread Error

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to move a page between two pages in a spread but it is creating a three-page spread rather than moving the right page down below. How do I keep this a 2 page spread?

Thanks!three page spread.PNG

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one's pretty easy, if you know where to find the solution.

To illustrate it, I created a four-page InDesign document where I put a big number in text on each page, like so:

1.jpg

Go to the Flyaway menu on the Pages panel — the "hamburger icon" with the three lines at the upper-right of the panel. Click on it and select the Move Pages... menu command, as shown below:

2.jpg

To illustrate the point, we'll move page 4 to be after page 2. To do that, you'd enter i in the Move Pages: edit box. We'll choose After Page in the Destination: options box, then 2 in the edit box to the right. There are other options available. Then click the OK button, as shown below:

3.jpg

The end result? What was page 4 is now moved to the page 3 position. And what was page 3 falls to the page 4 position, as shown below.

4.jpg

Hope this helps,

Randy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 0