• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Pages To Another Document Without the Master Being Added

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I move a page from one In Design document to another it applies a master page to it. It is really annoying and frustrating to remove and since I do a lot of page moving between documents I would really like to find a way to avoid this or quickly remove the master. I have looked all over online and done a lot of trouble shooting. I still can't find an answer. Can someone help me out! Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move pages between documents without syncing with master?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at all. Is this link have the answer that you need?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this solution-workaround still available? I'm having this issue. I have a large layout that had to be worked on in two peices. I'm trying to move the 1st half to the start of the 2nd half. They both have the same master pages, named the same, etc … when I bring in the 1st half, it reapplies the master all over again. Going through and deleting the "bonus" master page items is workable; it'd be easier to leave it in two pieces, would cause fewer problems.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin,

yes, the link George gave is dead.

Why? Because the thread was either not moved from the old InDesign forum to this new one in late 2019 or, if it was moved, the URL had changed. If we knew the original title of the thread we perhaps could find the thread.

What I suggest:
Contact George through the private message system of the forum.

Click his name and press "Send a message". Maybe he still knows what was behind the link.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines