Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP.4 or .MOV Not Playing in PDF

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I have been trying to place a video file either MP4 or .MOV in both InDesign, then export to Interactive PDF, or place these files diretly into a PDF. In each case the video files will not play, or if I select a floating window, it will play a small preview no larger than a business card.

I keep getting the error, I need flash player to play the video. All the documentation online says I do not need a flash player to play a video that is embedded within a PDF.

Any one have any ideas or a solve?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of InDesign? What exact version of Acrobat or Reader? Please share some of this “all the documentation online”?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello All,

Thank you for all of your various responses.

First, I am up to date with the cloud I am running version 2020.009.20067 of Acrobat Pro and version 15.0.2 of InDesign. I am an InDesign Operator, and have been using ID for many years.

Since Acrobat is "suppose" to be automatic, and I am not a "coder" I write for answers. Obviously, I have tried everything adobe writes in info libraries, and have searched online, and done tutorials.

To answer Bob below, I am dragging the PDF onto Acrobat Pro, "NOT READER" or the "PREVIEW" after the PDF is made. I have tried a "VARIETY" of both .MP4 and .MOV files, and it is the same. 

Dov Isaacs is wrong!!! After spending hours on this issue, I can tell you, after many (maybe 60) times testing, I still get the "popup" stating "YOU NEED THE FLASH PLUGIN."  

Oh, and we have done the uninstall and install trick as well. No difference!''

Thank you, all for your questions. I look forward to "real" solves!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly are you trying to preview this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see Dov Isaacs reply in this thread. Perhaps the encoding is not correct: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/error-while-importing-mp4-files-in-indesign/m-p/11185567?pag...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines