Multi-page audio in InDesign

Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, hope y'all having a great morning/afternoon/night

I'm a beginner with InDesign (currently, a student) and I want to create an interactive PDF with MP3 files, to create an ambience while reading the story.

The situation is that I am trying to insert a MP3 file with the idea that it should be played on several pages (for example, I am putting my audio on the second page of my work. It should be played on pages 2 to 6) until the reader turns to a page with another audio, so that that second audio reproduces until the reader turns to another page with a new audio and so on.

How can I do that? Does InDesign allow me to do that? I've been goggling to work my PDF out with no solution yet.

(P.D. I've been having problems when exporting too. I have Adobat Acrobat and the program told me that, in order to play the MP3 audios, I need to have Flash Player installed (which I did and now it works) but, Isn't Flash Player going to die when December 2020 ends? I want to read this story (with audio) on my cellphone and distribute it to some friends, but I am afraid that they would need Adobe Acrobat and Flash Player to read it. I read about the "Publish Online..." option but I am getting an error (#503f). Is there a way to read interactive PDFs without the need of Adobe Acrobat and Flash Player?)

Thank you so much if you read these two big concerns 😊. It would mean the world to me because these two problems are the ones unabling me to finish the work so that I can show it to some friends 😭

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Import and export, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Multi-page audio in InDesign

Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, hope y'all having a great morning/afternoon/night

I'm a beginner with InDesign (currently, a student) and I want to create an interactive PDF with MP3 files, to create an ambience while reading the story.

The situation is that I am trying to insert a MP3 file with the idea that it should be played on several pages (for example, I am putting my audio on the second page of my work. It should be played on pages 2 to 6) until the reader turns to a page with another audio, so that that second audio reproduces until the reader turns to another page with a new audio and so on.

How can I do that? Does InDesign allow me to do that? I've been goggling to work my PDF out with no solution yet.

(P.D. I've been having problems when exporting too. I have Adobat Acrobat and the program told me that, in order to play the MP3 audios, I need to have Flash Player installed (which I did and now it works) but, Isn't Flash Player going to die when December 2020 ends? I want to read this story (with audio) on my cellphone and distribute it to some friends, but I am afraid that they would need Adobe Acrobat and Flash Player to read it. I read about the "Publish Online..." option but I am getting an error (#503f). Is there a way to read interactive PDFs without the need of Adobe Acrobat and Flash Player?)

Thank you so much if you read these two big concerns 😊. It would mean the world to me because these two problems are the ones unabling me to finish the work so that I can show it to some friends 😭

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Import and export, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 18, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multimedia in a PDF is a crapshoot at the very best. What you're trying to do certainly cannot be done with InDesign. You might want to pop over to the Acrobat forum and see if anyone has any advice, but be warned, beyond Acrobat and Reader on desktops any interactive PDF is going to be troublesome...this holds especially true for mobile devices.

I wouldn't waste too much time on this if you can't control the reader app.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2020 1
Luccian0 LATEST
Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh really? Oh dear...

Well, I installed Adobe Acrobat Reader recently. It'd be awesome to incorporate audios to a PDF and I'm determinated on learning how to.

Thank you so much for the answer btw, I'll search on that forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2020 0