• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi-page .indd or .indt files in CC Library functionality?

Participant ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few one page .indd ad templates in our CC Library that function fine, but for some reason I can't make a 2 or 4 page flyer template work... Is it possible?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you select all the artwork in an InDesign file and drag it into a CC Library,  you're not creating a template file. You're creating a Graphic which contains all the objects. The CC Library is not designed to create template files.

Instead, use the InDesign > Save As feature and choose InDesign Template. You can create as many pages in your template as you like. It will create an INDT file (extension .indt). Open the INDT file and save it under a new name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mmm, yea - I see what you're saying and thanks for the reply, Steve. I should clarify I've loaded these as complete documents through Bridge directly into the Library asset folder. So they can be stored there apparently, but not opened, regardless of how they're loaded I guess?

Wondering why these can't be stored and accessed in the cloud....  Microsoft has the ability to store and collaborate in live documents - am I really expecting too much? 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines