Highlighted

Multiple records data merge - placeholder in wrong position

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create multiple tickets on one page with sequential numbers. Everything goes according to plan, exept that the placeholders do not appear in the right spots.

When in the Data Merge panel I select Create Data Merge. Than I select All records or Range, plus the right numbers, and in the Multiple Layout tab I specify the right dimentions. With Preview checked I see the differend placeholders appear. The first placeholder will be ok, but the following placeholders appear way lower than intended and the second colom doesn't even show. Even if I set the Spacing to zero they stay in the wrong places.

Also the the first two or three placeholders contain the same number, where there should be the sequential numbers.

I will be very gratefull for any directional advice to get out of this marsh.

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request, How to, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Multiple records data merge - placeholder in wrong position

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create multiple tickets on one page with sequential numbers. Everything goes according to plan, exept that the placeholders do not appear in the right spots.

When in the Data Merge panel I select Create Data Merge. Than I select All records or Range, plus the right numbers, and in the Multiple Layout tab I specify the right dimentions. With Preview checked I see the differend placeholders appear. The first placeholder will be ok, but the following placeholders appear way lower than intended and the second colom doesn't even show. Even if I set the Spacing to zero they stay in the wrong places.

Also the the first two or three placeholders contain the same number, where there should be the sequential numbers.

I will be very gratefull for any directional advice to get out of this marsh.

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request, How to, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 08, 2020 0
Participant ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug in older versions. Did you change the document size while working on it?

Try to create a new document with the correct size and copy all over, then it should work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with comDesignSHi - this is a bug unfortunately, one of many with multiple record Data Merge. I've written about this (and other issues with multiple record Data Merge) elsewhere: https://colecandoo.com/2013/12/28/data-merge-multiple-record-madness/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 19, 2020 1
Ruben72 LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you both foryour advice! I suspected a bug in this case...

I found another work around. The differend placeholders where given differend labels, in this case 'A', 'B' etc, and another txt-file was  pruduced with data in corresponding columns. This worked perfectly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0