multiple xml's or csv's to indesign? Database to indesign?

Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for some help regarding XML and InDesign. Specifically I am wondering if it's possible to bring in XML to an indesign template that has already been formatted, and whether I can bring in multiple xml's into one template?  I have several templates that are preformatted, with text boxes, tables,and image boxes. The data that would be filling up those text boxes and tables comes from different data sources, or different XML's. From the way I understand it, you can only use one XML per template? Is this correct?

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

multiple xml's or csv's to indesign? Database to indesign?

Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for some help regarding XML and InDesign. Specifically I am wondering if it's possible to bring in XML to an indesign template that has already been formatted, and whether I can bring in multiple xml's into one template?  I have several templates that are preformatted, with text boxes, tables,and image boxes. The data that would be filling up those text boxes and tables comes from different data sources, or different XML's. From the way I understand it, you can only use one XML per template? Is this correct?

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 10, 2020 0

Have something to add?