• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Arabic text is all smooshed together in reverse order - Adobe 2021 (16.1) Mac OS Big Sur (11.2.3)

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the exact same problem on InDesign (English: USA), I spent an hour researching online and finally did every single thing that was suggested on all the various forums: 

• Uninstalled InDesign
  • Changed my preferences in Creative Cloud to all apps in (English: arabicscript)
  • Re-installed InDesign
  • Opened a document
  • Created a NEW text box
  • Changed the language to Arabic
  • Changed the script to an Arabic script XB Zar
  • Changed the Paragraph alignment to RTL
  • Changed the Paragraph to right-aligned
  • Changed the Character style itself in the Character hamburger to Right-to-left

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 10.24.32.png

And the result is this absolutely atrocious ugly mess of all my beautiful Arabic letters smooshed together, upside down, inside out, last character first: 

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 10.24.17.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 10.24.06.png

See below for how it is SUPPOSED to look, elegant and beautiful and harmonious, and right to left, all the characters in the right order: 

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 10.38.26.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 10.38.31.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Hi there! Sorry I was under deadlines and I just saw this. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to write, I really appreciate it. 

You sound like a long time user of Adobe products, whereas I'm a new one, started in November and have had a crash-course in Premiere, Photoshop (all good there) InDesign and Illustrator (getting tough, there). 

I noticed this with InDesign with the last job I did. I had to do a system-wide preference (changing the language to French) but nothing was working on the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is a different font working for you?

Did you typeset the text in InDesign?

Or did you place the text from a file?
Or did you paste the text from the clipboard?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there! Sorry I was under deadlines and I just saw this. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to write, I really appreciate it. 

You sound like a long time user of Adobe products, whereas I'm a new one, started in November and have had a crash-course in Premiere, Photoshop (all good there) InDesign and Illustrator (getting tough, there). 

I noticed this with InDesign with the last job I did. I had to do a system-wide preference (changing the language to French) but nothing was working on the document in French which I'd created before the change in Preferences. 

I had to re-do the entire document, and THEN, it would spell-check in French. 

The exact same thing happened with Arabic. 

Re-installing into English-for Arabic totally fixed the entire problem. 

The reason I wasn't actually seeing it, is because I was working on the legacy document from English-USA InDesign. 

I re-did my entire document pasting all the pages and elements one by one in English but ignoring the moooooooshed Arabic, and then RE-did the Arabic one by one in this new post-re-install InDesign document. 

Totally fixed, the Arabic is beautiful, I installed a new Adobe font for Arabic called Nassim Arabic Pro that just looks stunning. 

So...

Why? 

Why is a program I'm payingi $29.95 a month for not able to recognize the newly-set preferences on a legacy document? I don't understand. 

I recently upgraded Premiere, and the new Premere 2021 wouldn't open any of the 2020 Projects without creating a copy. 

I literally don't get it. 

I know this is a bit much and you probably don't have time to answer, but really, it's a little strange. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines