• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My PDF export is lower resolution than high-quality viewing of InDesign document

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export my InDesign file as a high-quality-print PDF, my social-media vectors go from being high resolution to low resolution. 

For example, my FB vector  has an actual 72 ppi and an effective 8301 ppi. This is what it looks like in InDesign: 

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 10.50.22 AM.png

Now, here it is when viewed in Acrobat Pro DC:

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 10.50.48 AM.png

Also, when I printed the PDF, the vectors' resolution looked fine. I am baffled. 

TOPICS
Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Vectors don’t have a resolution, so in your example the vector art has been converted to an image format—i.e. .png, .jpeg, .tif, .psd

The default High Quality PDF preset has its Compression tab set to downsample images with an Effective Resolution over 450ppi down to 300 ppi, so your 8301 ppi logo would be downsampled to 300ppi. You could increase the 300ppi downsample res, but it would be better to have a real vector version of the logo (.ai or .pdf) so that resolution isn’t an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Vectors don’t have a resolution, so in your example the vector art has been converted to an image format—i.e. .png, .jpeg, .tif, .psd

The default High Quality PDF preset has its Compression tab set to downsample images with an Effective Resolution over 450ppi down to 300 ppi, so your 8301 ppi logo would be downsampled to 300ppi. You could increase the 300ppi downsample res, but it would be better to have a real vector version of the logo (.ai or .pdf) so that resolution isn’t an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines