• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My PDF exports have problems with black/dark colors when printing (photos)

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
I'm having problems with darker colors in my PDFs when I print them. I'm working on a catalogue and the prices (numbers in red) are becoming "transparent" when there is a dark(er) color behind them.

I have taken two photos showing the problem (files attached). As shown, the red text becomes transparent and shows whatever is behind. It only happens when it's a darker color (notice "109" in Photo 1 how it doesn't happen where there is a light background behind it).

Tried printing it in .PNG and that is no problem. The actual PDF-file preview does not show any transparency either.

TOPICS
Bug , Print , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are direct links to the photos in case you don't wanna download the attached files:
Photo 1: https://prnt.sc/uz1f7a

Photo 2: https://prnt.sc/uz1fbv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the FX Panel to see if there's any transparency Effects added to the frames.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/user-guide.html/indesign/using/adding-transparency-effects.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems everything is 100%: https://prnt.sc/uz1wr6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see the problem with Overprint Preview turned on? It looks like you might have the text’s red fill set to Overprint. Select the text and open the Attributes panel to check.

Screen Shot 24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Overprint fill" is checked, but I don't see any difference in-document (live preview or w.e) when I uncheck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having it checked would cause the problem you are seeing in print. To view overprints in InDesign you have to turn on Overprint or Separation Preview. If the red color is RGB, the overprint might not show in InDesign, but could in Acrobat if you made the conversion to CMYK on the PDF export.

In Acrobat there is a Page Display preference for showing overprints, or you can preview them in the Output Preview panel. In any case select the red text, uncheck OP, and try exporting and printing again.

Also, PNG and JPEG Exports have a Simulate Overprint checkbox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines